After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I kept getting the following message from User Account Control every time I opened Outlook 2013:
“Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
The fix was to locate OUTLOOK.EXE.
In my case it was in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15”.
Right click on the file and choose “Troubleshoot compatibility” -> “Try recommended settings”.
This suggested “Windows compatibility mode: Windows 8”.
Click “Test the program…” to launch Outlook with these settings.
Now click “Yes, save these settings for this program”.
User Account Control no longer pops up whenever I open Outlook.
This was done on a t2.medium instance with 4GB of RAM and a 50GiB EBS volume. The primary reason was to give the webserver a bit of leeway during high traffic periods. Stops it running out of memory and falling over.
Most of this is taken from the Amazon docs.
# Create a 6GB swap file
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1G count=6
#Update the permissions
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
#Set up the swap
sudo mkswap /swapfile
#Make the swap available
sudo swapon /swapfile
#Enable swap at boot
sudo nano /etc/fstab
#Add this line at the bottom
/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0
Some useful memory jogs for Amazon EC2 Instances
Edit Apache config:
sudo nano /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
sudo service httpd restart
Change Apache config
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks to